Before you dig into the Prime Penny Stocks to Watch August 2019…
‘Scorching inventory picks’ won’t ever assist you study to trade. Be cautious of anyone who says, “Buy, buy, purchase … sell, promote, sell,” just like the financial TV pundits. I adapt to the market, and so do you have to.
Additionally, keep in mind that penny stocks can transfer quick, and typically they don’t transfer in any respect.
- Study to create your personal watchlist. Use my listing every month as a guide.
- Develop the talents to develop into a self-sufficient trader. NEVER comply with another trader’s alerts to enter or exit a commerce. Including mine. Comply with my alerts only to study my thought process.
- Study all of the patterns I train. Study to acknowledge when they’re working and not working. Adapt, adapt, adapt.
- If you’d like my day by day watchlist, be a part of the Buying and selling Challenge. It could actually aid you better understand my thought course of. Also, you possibly can see how typically I’m mistaken. (If I’m mistaken I don’t trade the stock. If I’m in a commerce and my thesis proves mistaken, I get out. Interval.)
- Do your personal research. Try to perceive why I’ve put a inventory on this watchlist. Do not think about this listing a suggestion to buy a stock.
- 1 The Broader Market
- 2 Recap: July 2019 Prime Penny Shares to Watch
- 3 Prime Penny Stocks to Watch August 2019
- 4 The way to Use My ‘Prime Penny Shares to Watch, August 2019’ Record
The Broader Market
The Dow hit an all-time excessive of 27,359.16 on July 15. But the commerce struggle with China is in full gear. President Trump announced tariffs on an extra $300 billion value of Chinese language imports. China responded by devaluing its foreign money, the yuan, to make exports more engaging.
As I’ve stated before, the trade warfare creates a degree of uncertainty. One constructive — or unfavourable — headline might shift market sentiment. That’s probably the most troublesome a part of buying and selling while the trade warfare continues. So no matter you do, be protected.
© 2019 Millionaire Media, LLC
On July 31, U.S. markets dropped fast on news of a Fed fee minimize of 25 basis points. August 1 was probably the most risky days in a number of months. After a robust bounce during morning trading hours, President Trump’s tariff announcement hit the information. Markets reacted negatively — and fast. The Dow lost 512 points — roughly 1.9% — in beneath an hour.
The yuan’s drop towards the dollar on August 5 was referred to as foreign money manipulation by the U.S. Treasury. Whether or not it was or wasn’t … the Dow closed down another 541 factors. That’s roughly 6.four% off its July high. Will Trump’s gambit repay? In the brief time period, it’s wreaking havoc on the markets. I’m advising college students to be protected.
Surprisingly, the previous few weeks have been nice for trading penny stocks. There have been so many performs. That’s why I wish to say, “don’t take a month or even a week off simply because it’s summer time.”
For those who try to plan your life round once you assume there’ll be scorching performs, you’re gonna miss some.
As an alternative, be prepared for decent performs. Yes, you need to keep in mind behind your thoughts that summers are slightly slower. But remember that when penny shares start taking off, there could be a bunch of them.
That doesn’t mean it is best to overtrade. I see loads of newbies taking trades just hoping to catch a transfer. STOP. Look forward to the most effective setups. You’ll miss one or two — or more. However in the long run, it’s higher in your account … and your confidence.
It’s time to recap last month’s stocks to observe. Keep in mind from the July replace, the primary three shares on the record have been going by way of multi-day, multi-week upward developments.
© 2018 Millionaire Media, LLC
- Digital Turbine, Inc. (NASDAQ: APPS) traded comparatively flat for most of July. Since July 22, the stock has been choppy but continues its sluggish and regular uptrend. It hit a 52-week high of $5.77 on August 1.
- Conformis, Inc. (NASDAQ: CFMS) trended down the whole month of July. On August 1, the inventory lost 38% in pre-market buying and selling on gentle income outlook for the yr. As I write, the inventory is trading at $1.49. That’s roughly 69% off the 52-week high of $four.83 on June 11.
- Corindus Vascular Robotics Inc. (AMEX: CVRS) ran from $three.46 on June 28, to a six-month high of $8.10 on July 5. Trading volume on July 5 was the very best since April 2017. Then it went by way of a mid-range consolidation for two weeks before pulling back to $three.91 to finish the month.
- Avid Bioservices, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDMO) was an enormous earnings winner at the end of June. The announcement of two giant contracts on July eight helped the inventory hold its features. It spent most of July consolidating in the $6 to $6.50 range and continues a sluggish upward development.
- FuelCell Power, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) had a three-day run July 1–three on information of a carbon-capture venture. However on July 15, the company warned of chapter until it might increase more capital. The stock tanked — dropping 45% in 24 hours. As I stated final month, the long-term chart is terrible. When a cash-burning company combines dilutive financings with reverse inventory splits to remain listed … it’s not a very good signal. Then there are the chief bonuses…
- Ocular Therapeutix (NASDAQ: OCUL) had an up-and-down month in July. The inventory hit a multi-month excessive of $5.55 on July 15. At the time of writing it’s trading within the $4.70s — right where it started July. It has managed to hold the good points it made in June. Ocular is about to release second-quarter financial results on August 7, 2019.
Prime Penny Stocks to Watch August 2019
Quick recap on how stocks make this record: I choose primarily massive % gainers. Then I look for quantity and a information catalyst. I additionally take a look at longer-term charts for a historical past of spiking and multi-day runs.
I need to reiterate this record is NOT recommendation to buy or even commerce. That’s why it’s referred to as a watchlist — not a buy listing. You must study to commerce penny stocks once they’re scorching however stay away once they’re not. By the time you learn this, these shares could be out of play.
As the overall market tanked on August 5, one of many strongest shares in the whole market was a penny stock. It’s the primary stock on the record.
Let’s do it … here’s my listing of penny shares to observe, August 2019.
Discovery Gold Corp (OTCPK: DCGD)
DCGD sprang to life in 2010 as a mineral exploration company. Nevertheless it seems to have shifted to the weed sector…
Seattle-based GRN Funds, a hedge-fund run by Justin Costello, lately purchased a 55% controlling position. GRN Funds holds shares in a number of CBD corporations. Additionally they own a controlling interest in a cost processor for high-risk industries. Like weed.
The corporate just lately appointed two new members to its strategic advisory board. One is weed business advisor Dr. Jeffrey Sharkey. The other, retired sales government Peter Juvet. The company additionally introduced a company identify change to GRN Holding Company. An internet site is beneath development.
By way of Shutterstock
Inexperienced Is the New Gold
So, it seems to be like they was in gold, and now that Costello’s in charge, they’ve moved on to smokable gold. What does the corporate do? Apart from the CEO smoking $10,000 ‘cannagar’ blunts, that’s…
The present description says it’s “a publicly quoted shell firm looking for to merge with one other entity with experienced administration for progress in return for shares of widespread stock.” In different words … the corporate has no products, no providers, and no income.
Why put DCGD on my watchlist? Once more, it’s an enormous % gainer with huge volume. Admittedly, it’s lacking a robust information catalyst. As an alternative, the ticker has been all over chat rooms touting Costello as an business skilled. One with deep pockets and a plan.
It’s an virtually sympathy play as Cannabis International Inc (OTCPK: MCTC) named Costello to its strategic advisory board on July 18.
Take a look at the DCGD one-year chart:
DCGD: 1-year chart, 1-day candlestick — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
I wouldn’t hold my breath on DCGD, and I undoubtedly wouldn’t hold the inventory long term. However I’ve had success buying and selling this one intraday. Because it’s up a lot, I gained’t chase. It’s now a possible dip purchase into a morning panic only for me.
Under is the DCGD one-month chart with five-minute candlesticks:
DCGD: 1-month chart, 5-minute candlestick — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
On to the subsequent stock…
Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. (NYSE American: NAK)
Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. is a mineral exploration company with an enormous gold and copper undertaking in Alaska. The challenge, referred to as Pebble Seashore, was stopped in its tracks by the EPA back in 2014. The regulatory physique made a willpower to not think about an environmental influence assertion (EIS).
On July 30, after an extended battle, the EPA withdrew its preemptive willpower. Which suggests although the undertaking doesn’t have the inexperienced mild, the EIS can at the least get carried out.
That announcement was the catalyst for a 66.7% spike to a multi-month excessive. Right here’s the NAK one-year chart:
NAK 1-year chart, 1-day candlestick — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
Now check out the NAK 10-day chart under:
NAK: July 24–August 5, 5-minute candlestick — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
NAK isn’t my splendid setup. First, it’s a commodities-related play. Second, it’s an NYSE American inventory — never my favorite. Plus, regardless that it’s holding features and consolidating, quantity dropped after the spike. I’d need to see massive volume and/or news before risking my money.
Now for a higher-priced spiker…
Research Frontiers Included (NASDAQ: REFR)
Analysis Frontiers Included has a patented know-how referred to as SPD-Sensible glass. It allows a consumer to vary the tint of a window at the contact of a button. Purposes embrace automotive, aircraft, marine, rail, and structure.
Take a look at the REFR one-year chart:
REFR: 1-year chart — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
As you possibly can see from the chart above, REFR spiked with large quantity on July 29. There was no clear news. Then the inventory consolidated for a number of days earlier than operating once more on August 2.
Now take a look at the REFR 10-day chart with five-minute candlesticks:
REFR: July 24–August 6, 5-minute candlestick — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
On August 5, REFR issued a press release saying a second-quarter earnings name for August 8, 2019. The inventory pulled again however discovered help in the $three.90 vary. Will it’s an earnings winner? Time will inform.
… is the CBD/weed sector making a comeback? Examine this one out…
Veritas Farms, Inc. (OTCQB: VFRM)
Veritas Farms operates a 140-acre hashish farm in Pueblo, Colorado. They’ve a number of full-spectrum CBD oil-based products.
In June, VFRM spiked 154% in 5 days on information of a distribution deal putting their merchandise in 1350 Kroger shops. Then it spent roughly a month consolidating.
Check out the VFRM one-year chart:
VFRM: 1-year chart — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
On August 1, Veritas Farms issued a press release to announce their CEO can be a guest on Fox Enterprise Community. Veritas received a sympathy play pop when competitor Charlotte’s Net (OTCQX: CWBHF) announced their own Kroger distribution deal on August 2.
Take a look at the VFRM one-month chart with five-minute candlesticks:
VFRM: 1-month chart; 5-minute candlestick — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
An August 6 press launch gave the stock another increase. It introduced social media ‘influencer partnerships’ with a attain of 25 million individuals. As I write, VFRM is buying and selling sideways and holding the $1.82–$1.88 range.
And now, for the last inventory on the listing…
Valuesetters, Inc. (OTCPK: VSTR)
VSTR is an ultra-low-priced former runner spiking on constructive earnings. Valuesetters runs a one-stop know-how consulting, digital advertising, and capital-raising shop.
Why choose such a low-priced inventory? As a result of even when huge corporations get crushed by the overall market…
… the often-hated penny inventory area of interest is usually one of the best performing area of interest out there.
Here’s the one-year chart:
VSTR: 1-year chart, 1-day candlestick — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com
For me to trade this stock, I would wish to see huge quantity and news. It’s up a lot for such a low-priced inventory, I wouldn’t need to chase.
As all the time, this record offers perception into current movers and the news behind the strikes. One of the simplest ways to make use of this watchlist is to review the charts, do analysis, and grow to be conversant in the ‘how and why’ of worth motion.
In other phrases, there’s no assure any of those shares will nonetheless be on the move in the coming weeks.
I recommend you apply for the Trading Problem for those who’re ready to take the subsequent step in your trading journey. It’s exhausting work. However with the correct angle, you’ll be able to probably grow to be a self-sufficient trader.
One remaining thought: when you’re on the fence concerning the Buying and selling Challenge…
… come to the Dealer & Investor Summit in Orlando, September 20–23, 2019.
The Trader & Investor Summit is two full days of learning from me and my prime students. Then, on Monday, September 23, you’ll be a part of us for a day of stay buying and selling.
There’s no better method to jump-start your buying and selling career. Plus, you’ll get to network with Trading Problem students from around the globe. Be a part of 499 different traders at this once-in-a-lifetime event.
**The Trader & Investor Summit sells out every year. Don’t miss this unique alternative.**
Are you a trader? How are you choosing stocks to observe through the summer time months? In the event you’re a brand new dealer, what is going to you’re taking from this submit to turn out to be a better trader? Remark under, I really like to listen to from all my college students!